Last Updated: June 2019
Thank you for using SecureDock. We recognize that your privacy is very important, and it is therefore appropriate to define how we deal with personal information. Here we describe how we collect, use and handle your information when you use our website, software, and services (Services).
What is Collected and Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve and protect our Services:
- We collect Account profile information such as:
- Information required to operate the system: Name and email address
- Optional information: Address, phone and credit card processing information
- We collect the IP address of the device used to connect to our system and that IP address is stored in our logs associated with the particular document transaction.
- We use the technology of cookies to provide and improve our Services. Cookies help remember usernames, on some of our sites, for your next visit. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services to its full extent.
We only collect personal information, by lawful and fair means, which is necessary for one or more of our business functions and activities.
Secure File Transfer Confidentiality
Any file transferred between you and recipients is treated confidentially. SecureDock cannot see your files. Only you, the account holder, and the recipient can access your files transferred.
File Ownership, Permissions, and Responsibility
SecureDock does not claim any ownership of the contents of the files you transfer or store through our service. Account holders are fully and solely responsible and accountable for the files transferred using our service.
By using our service, you guarantee that you have, for each file, all required permissions, including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property rights, to distribute, transfer, store and/or make available online.
We will take strong and multiple steps to protect personal information from misuse and loss. Please refer to Security Standards and Compliance for full details.
Should you delete documents from your account, or delete your account:
(1) There is a time delay, up to two weeks, in erasing deleted document(s) from our servers and back-up tapes. Once the document(s) have been erased from our servers and backup tapes, they cannot be recovered and there is no longer any reference to the documents.
(2) Prior to permanently erasing the deleted documents from our servers and back up tapes, we reserve the rights to retain documents should it be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Companies Using SecureDock Virtual Safe
Companies offering the SecureDock Virtual Safe service to their clients can see the names associated with each end user and may or may not have their client’s/end user’s permission to access the client’s/end user’s documents. This is determined by the Company and the Company’s client/end user.
Companies Using SecureDock TED Express
Companies offering TED Express to their employees/agents will have access to administrative reports showing the activity of document transfers, the names of the sender and recipient, and the title of the files being transferred. The administrators have no access the files transferred. The files themselves are only available to be seen by the account holder that transferred the file and the recipient.
Account Owner Rights
Should an employee/agent leave an organization, the responsible party paying for the account (account owner) can request access to the files currently being stored on the account and any reporting of previous transfers of the employee/agent leaving the organization prior to the account being closed.
When using the Services and distributing documents, your name and possibly your email address will be available to the receiving party.
We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
(a) Comply with the law;
(b) Protect any person from death or serious bodily injury;
(c) Prevent fraud or abuse of SecureDock or our users; or
(d) Protect SecureDock’s property rights.
For data that is stored within the United States of America, we may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.,
Updates and Changes
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of the whole or part of our company, your information may be transferred as part of that transaction. Should we feel this would affect your use of our Services, we will notify you, or your advisor, via the email held for your account.
Should you have questions or concerns about SecureDock, our services and privacy, you can contact us at info@Secure-Dock.com.